File Migration Tool for SharePoint Online & SkyDrive Pro
Files To Go for Office 365 is a file migration tool for copying files from network
drives, file servers, network shares and personal folders to SharePoint Online team
sites and SkyDrive Pro.
Files To Go makes your migration to Office 365 smoother, faster and streamlined
when you have thousands of files and gigabytes of data to move. Files To Go is compliant
with Office 365 file naming standards, limits and boundaries.
Migrate files from home drives, personal folders and Active Directory home folders
to SkyDrive Pro with Files To Go. Files To Go gives you choice; migrate files centrally and in bulk to SkyDrive Pro, or let your users operate Files To Go directly to migrate their files to SkyDrive Pro.
- Compatible with Office 365 Small Business, Midsize Business, Enterprise and Education
- Renames files with illegal characters that are blocked or banned by SharePoint Online
- Automatically renames file extensions that are blocked by SharePoint Online
- Supports Office 365 managed identity and ADFS
- Identifies files with URL path lengths and file sizes that are too big for SharePoint
- Only copies new or changed files if you rerun the migration (incremental migration)
- Keeps the original modified and created dates of the files
- Copies empty folders
- Supports files up to 2GB in size
- Warns on site collection storage limits and SkyDrive Pro 20,000 item limit
- Analyse and migrate to many SkyDrive Pro sites from personal folders in bulk
- Provides a complete audit trail of every file migrated
- Identifies and reports which SkyDrive Pro are ready for migration when using bulk mode
- Manages permissions on users' SkyDrive Pro automatically when using bulk mode
- Automatically re-authenticates with SharePoint Online for long running migrations
Download the Free Trial
See how Files To Go for Office 365 can help your migration with our free trial.
You can migrate up to a maximum of 25 files to a SharePoint Online team site or
15 files to SkyDrive Pro with the trial.
Files To Go requires Microsoft Windows with Microsoft .Net 3.5 or later.
Download the Free Trial Now
Trouble running the Files To Go trial? Click here to contact
Here is a quick walk through of your free Files To Go trial. Files To Go supports three main modes of operation; migrating to team sites and site collections, migrating to an individual SkyDrive Pro, and migrating to many SkyDrive Pro in bulk.
- To migrate to your team site, choose the Your Team Site option in Files To Go.
Files To Go will prompt you to sign in to Office 365, if you are federated the sign in is automatic. Once signed in, browse your Office 365 and choose the library or folder to migrate to and then choose which files and folders to migrate.
- Files To Go analyses the files you have chosen then shows how much data there is to migrate and highlights any issues it found.
- Once your migration completes Files To Go provides a full audit report of every file migrated and any issues it had during migration. Just click the link in Files To Go to open the report.
A subscription to Files To Go includes one Tenant Seat. This permits one user to operate Files To Go to migrate files and folders to your site collections and to SkyDrive Pro sites. If you have a large migration you should purchase additional seats to help split the workload between your colleagues or to migrate in parallel on multiple computers.
If you prefer your users to migrate their personal folders to SkyDrive Pro, purchase the SkyDrive Pro Only seat. Files To Go makes it easy for them to migrate their own data to SkyDrive Pro.
- They just choose the Your SkyDrive Pro option in Files To Go and follow the wizard steps to migrate their personal files and folders to their SkyDrive Pro.
Files To Go can analyse and migrate from many Active Directory home folders or personal folders on a file server to SkyDrive Pro in bulk.
- Choose the Bulk SkyDrive Pro Migration option to start the process.
- Provide Files To Go with a CSV file. Each row in the CSV file identifies an Office 365 user and the location of their personal folder or home drive.
Are you using Active Directory home folders? Contact Thinkscape for a sample Powershell script to generate a CSV file from your Active Directory.
- Now choose your CSV file in Files To Go.
After that, Files To Go takes care of the whole process for you, identying which SkyDrive Pro are not ready yet, and even managing permissions on SkyDrive Pro and warning you if SkyDrive Pro storage thresholds and item limits will be exceeded.
- When running a bulk migration to SkyDrive Pro, Files To Go will automatically set the Modified By value of a file or folder to the owner of the SkyDrive Pro.
Bulk migration is an add-on to your Files To Go subscription. If you have many SkyDrive Pro to migrate you should consider adding bulk migration to your subscription.
Who is Using Files To Go?
- Aquila Engineering
- Data Migrated
- 5.5 GB
- Link-it (185 Users)
- Data Migrated
- 300 GB
- Alpine Interactive
- Data Migrated
- 150 GB
- MH Partnership
- Data Migrated
- 28 GB
Complies with Standards
- File name restrictions
- Blocked file extensions
- File size restrictions
- URL path lengths
- SkyDrive Pro limits
Buy Now, From Only $195
Ready to purchase a subscription? Use the form below to make a purchase. One subscription
is valid for one Office 365 tenant.
Do you need a subscription term longer than 6 months, or 1,000 or more SkyDrive
Pro Seats, or more than 3 tenant seats? Then please contact Thinkscape Limited for a custom quote.